Sunday, August 3, 2008

HOW TO APPLY FOR RENO PERMIT ?

http://www.bca.gov.sg/housing/sp/renovating/Reno_EnageContr.htm

Yes, I did not engage an ID to design my unit.
I was thinking .....if I cant afford the real IDs, I might as well work directly with the suppliers, sharing with them my design ideas, my living style and my daily needs.
If they have worked with good IDs before, they will know how to translate my ideas into tangible stuff, borrowing from their past experiences. More work on my part -- I need to be very patient and clear in conveying my ideas.

But, if you want to "cheat" a little, dribble.gif you can employ a general contractor (but make sure he is RADAC- approved) for stuff like hacking your walls & he can apply the permit for you too. Reno permit is free, if I recalled correctly. Most Contractors are Ah-Bengs -- sorry, all contractor uncles --- so you must go down to their level. Keep your Ang-Mo English at home, okay ? smile.gif

REMEMBER : ID or no ID, in the eyes of law, you, the owner are responsible for the renovation. Any damages, people will come after you, not your ID, not your contractor.

Hacking is EXPENSIVE. On average, hacking of a wall is about S$300. He might tell you that you need to pay another S$500 to take away the debris. That is BULLSHXT! Haulage and debris removal services are provided by Town Council and it costs only S$263.55.

You MUST engage a HDB licenced contractor to do your work. If he cannot show you his licence, DO NOT HIRE HIM. Warning : You can only do noisy work between 8 am to 6 pm, and you must finish the hacking work within 3 days.

Read the above link. There are a lot of useful information there. rolleyes.gif
Okay, that is all. sport-smiley-018.gif sport-smiley-018.gif sport-smiley-018.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something?

Popular Posts

Latest Comments