Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Granite Countertop : Poison?

Initially I wanted to do granite, but I've read that granite gives of radiation and is bad for health. I tried to ignore that fact, and still wanted to go for Bianco Romano granite, which is white and resembles marble somewhat. Then who knows the stone supplier told me that granite is poisonous and ask me to switch to marble or lavastone. Really thankful she reminded me again! She said black and red granite is the most poisonous of all granites. Marble is often used in Italian kitchens. I almost wanted Carrara white marble, then contracter/supplier told me white marble will turn yellow in the future! So I decided to go for lavatop, which gives off strong energy and is good for health. But lavastone is not pretty looking, comes in black or grey only. There're color lavatops through glazing but currently not available in Singapore as supplier can't find large enough kiln. Anyway, have yet to confirm anything, so might change to quartz if it's prettier looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna say something?

Popular Posts

Latest Comments