Monday, August 11, 2008

PUB electrical testing

May I enquire some questions to clear my doubt?

- What are the consequences of not doing electrical testing?

- In case of fire, or some damage to property due to electricals, does HDB still honor my fire and house insurance?

- How can I check if my electrical contractor is licensed?

- Which is the board I should approach to check?

- Who else can I ask to do testing? I heard from some contractors, each contractor has their own testers and testers from other contractors will not want to test if the electrical works are not done by them.

********
REPLY 1

To e best of my knowledge ...

- called SMB Electric ( contact got from DB ) recently.
PUB testing s not mandatory but in case of insurance claims , the process is smoother meaning that if the TEST is done , insurance claims will not have a 'rough ride'.
Alternatively , he said that , can have a written agreement with the licence contractors (incl his co. n licence no.) in regards the safety worthtiness of the wiring / electricity

- u can check e names n their licence numbers listed in EMA's website @ http://www.ema.gov.sg under ''Quick Links > Licensed Workers - Electrian''.

- u , as e flat owner shall apply to SP Services Ltd (SPSL) for testin thru his licensed electrical worker.

Hope this will help...


********
REPLY 2 :

hdb insurance only pays you back your four walls.

**********
REPLY 3 :
those external insurance companies who keep sending us the brochure to purchase their fire insurance (with free mini fire extinguisher) is paying also for the furnitures and electrical items, at a cost.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?

    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any suggestions?

    My homepage steel bracelets men

    ReplyDelete

Wanna say something?

Popular Posts

Latest Comments